Thursday, September 3, 2009

Picking up a few things...

In preparation for our move, I had to make one final trip to Ikea to get a few things I knew I'd want for the house right off the bat. I know there will be things to add to my shopping list... and luckily we'll be spending Christmas in Chicago with my family (and driving the truck up there) so we can make a run if need be. But, for the time being, this collection of lovelies will have to tide us over. I'm really into white right now for some reason. Normally I'm big on color, but I think in my old age, I'm starting to neutralize just a tiny bit. The new house will have lots of color... but some nice white and neutral pieces as well.

Before I get into all of the Ikea stuff, let me show you this office chair I just got from Z Gallerie. I spotted this on a picture from Young House Love and fell in, well...... love. My office chair has been broken so it was the perfect excuse to pick up a new one :)

Since we're talking about the office, check out these loverly wispy panels that will be going up on the window:
We have a pretty good sized TV (61"... what?!!) in the living room. I have some Lack shelves from Ikea in a dark chocolate brown I'm planning on hanging above the TV. I think a few of these boxes will look so neat and clean perched on top: Our dining room has some built in bookshelves that we'll be using as a china cabinet. The dining room's a bit smaller (see here for pics), so we don't have much room to put doors on the shelves, so instead we'll be using some of these hanging panels to cover the front. We did a similar set up in our dining room in our first apartment in Atlanta, here. The white panel is semi transparent, and I think when layered with the brown panels below, the overall effect will be cool. Last but not least - I have an unhealthy obsession with grommeted window panels. I LOVE love love them. Our living room is painted with Behr's Prarie Field, and we have a light khaki couch and we'll be working in some chocolates, oranges, and greens. Click here to see some of the furniture we'll be using in the living room. I think some lighter colored panels will be great on the corner windows, close to the fireplace. So there you have it kids! Let the games begin! As we get moved in, I'll be sure to post lots of before & afters.

1 Say It Loud & Proud:

Erica said...

I'm so jealous that you get to make an Ikea trip before coming home! I'm dying to get some of the white drapes that you posted...we've been talking about driving up to the MN store for a while now and might just have to after seeing the new catalog.