Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Why Why WHY

I saw this story on the news last night.  No preview, it just came and slapped me in the face.  I was bawling after I saw it.  Normally I don't post things like this as I like to keep this blog happy, but everytime I see or hear something related to animal abuse it just breaks me down.  I don't understand how people can be so heartless to poor defenseless animals.  It literally makes me sick to my stomach.  I hugged my dog extra long last night.  I will let this serve as a little public service announcement for ASPCA as well... there IS something we can do about it!  

Dog beaten with sledgehammer in DeKalb park

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Investigators are asking the public’s help in finding out who struck a dog with a sledgehammer in a northDeKalb County park.

A passerby found a male brown-and-black shepherd mix with a severe head wound at Murphy Candler Park, off Ashford Dunwoody Road, on Tuesday morning, said county police spokeswoman Keisha Williams.

The dog was in critical condition at a veterinary clinic, police said.

Animal cruelty investigators found a short-handled sledgehammer and think the attack took place at the park, Williams said. Investigators are looking for anyone who saw anything unusual at the park from 9 p.m. Monday to 7 a.m. Tuesday.

Witnesses may call 404-294-2818.

***

WSB reported last night that the dog is being cared for and that the vet is optimistic.

1 Say It Loud & Proud:

Jagged Diary said...

Sick. Sick, sick, sick. I hope they get their head bashed in with a sledgehammer someday.