Monday, December 3, 2007

Must Love Comfort

::sigh:: Not only did the Tigers lose on Saturday, but we also got hosed out of a really good BCS Bowl Game. We are going to the Cotton Bowl, which I suppose is okay. We're playing Arkansas. Not quite the challenge or hoopla I was hoping for, but I suppose it will have to do. ::another sigh:: Hubs is a graduate of the University of Kansas, the team in which we so handily beat a few weeks back. Kansas has accepted the bid to play in the Orange Bowl. Guess who has tickets. Guess who will be performing the most ginormous good deed of the year on January 3, 2008. It's me, it's me. Goooo Jayhawks, yay. Can you feel the excitement. ::last sigh:: So what better to soothe my disappointment than booze? Um, not much, usually. I've tried the booze route already and I don't know if I can keep that up for a solid month. So, let's turn to vice #2: edible scrumptiousness. As previously posted, life has been relatively normal around here, hence the reason for another food post. It should be noted that I only post recipes on Blog Soup that I believe are truly worthwhile... you won't find me tooting my food horn on here just because I happened to cook this or that one night. The following was hot, simple, flavorful, tasty crockpot goodness. Again no pictures, because y'all know that I am kind of too lazy for that portion of blogging. Plus sometimes crockpot stuff ain't the purtiest, but it shur do taste good. When I can wirelessly transmit photos to my computer, then you will see more food pics on Blog Soup. But on with the show! Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1/4 c. chicken broth 1 c. salsa 1/2 packet taco seasoning (or make your own like I did: cumin, cayenne, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced dried onion, chili powder - combine to your taste) 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup 1/2 c. reduced fat sour cream 1 green pepper, rough chopped 4 servings brown rice shredded cheese, if desired Place chicken breasts & chopped peppers in slow cooker with chicken broth. In a seperate small bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, spices and salsa. Stir until combined. Pour mixture over chicken and cook on low for at least 5 hours. At the end of 5 hours, the chicken should shred easily. Stir in sour cream and serve over hot brown rice (recommended: Trader Joe's Organic Brown in steam bags) and top with a small amount of shredded cheese if desired.

3 Say It Loud & Proud:

Anonymous said...

I know it is so sad to come so close and have them choke. Just look at my Huskers the last few years! Just blame it on the curse of Sports Illustrated! But don't worry I will cheer for your Tigers in the Cotton Bowl, and Smithers will be extremely jealous you'll be attending the Orange Bowl without him. Just paint your face blue and I'll look for you on TV!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. We (Florida) are playing Michigan. No one is that excited.

Nemmie said...

Even as a true hardcore Jayhawks fan, I gotta admit: Mizzou got screwed. And I feel for you. BCS sucks.

That being said: enjoy the KU game! Think of it this way: we all know KU's getting spanked, and you'll be there to enjoy it.

Thanks for the recipe too! Good stuff :)