Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Review: M&Ms Premiums

So a couple of weeks ago, M&Ms came out with these new Premiums. I have to admit, I was a little intrigued. (Plus I had a coupon and we all know I love coupons.) I managed to pick up a package the other day at the grocery store, so here are my thoughts. I'd like to thank CandyBlog for the pics here.
First off, these little babies are quite the belle of the ball. As you can see above, they have such a pretty outside which might make them very attractive in your grandmother's candy dish. They come in a variety of flavors, however only one flavor to a package. Some of the ones that stand out are the mint, mocha and raspberry almond. They also come in a cardboard box with a resealable cellophane bag inside. Probably a little overdose on the packaging, but that might account for part of their hefty price tag.
We grabbed a raspberry almond... though I had originally wanted mint... but I thought twice about it because of the container of mint moose tracks I have in my freezer. Upon first bite I would give these a 7.5. Most noticeably, the M&M Premiums don't have the crisp candy coating that we're used to with M&Ms. My guess is that they couldn't make em look so purty if they had a crisp shell. So the texture is a bit different. Chocolate wise, I was hoping for something just a bit darker, but it's your standard M&Ms milk chocolate, if my tastebuds are correct. The almond is surrounded by a layer of raspberry white chocolate (I think -- or something like that), then the chocolate, then the coating. Not bad to have on hand when you just need the tiniest fix.
For $4.99 a box/bag, these things are WAY overpriced in my opinion. Considering a normal bag of M&Ms is what... $1.59 maybe... these are kind of a rip. But then again, they sure are purty.

0 Say It Loud & Proud: