Tuesday, August 19, 2008

iPhone Lurve

Last Friday I became the very lucky owner of a new iPhone. Soliloquy for iPhone: iPhone, iPhone how I love thee. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Having switched over from a Palm Treo, I cannot even begin to say how happy I am with this new little dude. It is easily the sweetest-ass device I have ever owned and it has made life so much more convenient just over the last 4 days. It's the little things -- I'll be out and about and will need to know where the nearest grocery store -- wait liquor store-- is. Bada bing, I'm picking up a sixer in minutes. Gmail is right there on the home screen. It automatically synced all of my Outlook contacts as well as my calendar. Most importantly - it's a camera too, so yours truly who forgets the camera all the time no longer has an excuse. It's already come in handy, especially for some impending restaurant reviews. Beyond the basics though, are all the great apps you can download. So this post will be mainly dedicated to the apps I've grown to love so far. 1. TRISYour classic time waster. Free. What more is there to say? 2. PANDORA. Personalized, mobile and free radio. Type in the artist or song of your choice and see a customized radio station magically appear before your eyes. Rate songs, fast forward, pause... etc. I already had this on my home computer, but the fact that it's available for iPhone makes it even cooler. Definitely a must have for anyone with a computer, i.e. anyone. 3. For my KC peeps -- check live traffic cams on your phone via KSHB. 4. My absolute FAVORITE so far... Urbanspoon!! Stumped on where to grab a bite? iPhone finds where you are, then you simply shake your phone to find a restaurant. Mimicking a slot machine, it then gives you suggestions on where to eat based on location, cuisine, and price. Want to eat for cheap? Lock in the single dollar sign. Want to find a wine bar? Lock in wine bar. It is the best! So what apps have you downloaded so far? What do you love, what do you hate?

0 Say It Loud & Proud: