Saturday, April 5, 2008

Restaurant Snippets

Got around to trying Atlanta Fish Market a couple of times in the last few weeks. Visit #1 was delish.... visit #2 not quite as good as I remembered. I had the blackened swordfish both times, because the first time it was so good, I had to have it again. I looooooove swordfish, the meaty texture is just so yummy and steakish. The second time, it was way too salty... I probably should have sent it back, but to be honest I just didn't feel like it. Their blue cheese Caesar salad is notable, as is the peel and eat shrimp. Theirs was probably the best peel & eat I have ever had... nice and cold, snappy, and fresh. If you're ever in town, it's hard to miss this place... there is a 3-story fish guarding the entrance. The Rice Box is a nice Midtown find. They offer fresh Chinese food sans grease. Fast and inexpensive, they don't mind cutting out all the nasty stuff in order to serve their customers quality. Lunch specials are a particularly good value at around $5-6 each. Bluefin continues to disappoint. A client requested that we go there for lunch, so I obliged her to give it one more shot. Mistake. I don't know why I continue to punish myself by going there, it must be because of it's close proximity to my office. Their kitchen timing is so off and it makes for a rather miserable dining experience. My two companions got their food, and ten minutes later I had to ask our server if mine was on it's way. (Even though I ordered the same thing as one of the people I was with, they apparently could not manage to get 2 of the same dish out at once.) Also, it seems that their servers have not graduated from the second grade. I'm over it. The food at Loca Luna was great, and the atmosphere was very lively but loud as all get out. I liked the fried plantains and the patatas bravas. Not recommended if you actually want to talk to your friends during dinner.

Atlanta Fish Market on Urbanspoon

0 Say It Loud & Proud: