Sunday, March 2, 2008

5 Things Meme

From Wikipedia: Narcissism describes the character trait of self love, based on self-image or ego.

The word is derived from a Greek myth. Narcissus was a handsome Greek youth who rejected the desperate advances of the nymph Echo. As punishment, he was doomed to fall in love with his own reflection in a pool of water. Unable to consummate his love, Narcissus pined away and changed into the flower that bears his name, the narcissus.

The lovely Stacey of Simply Tasty has tagged me! So, it's my turn to be a narcissist and do a meme. :) Enjoy. 1. I won the spelling bee in 5th grade on the word "unique." This was after my shameful first-round loss in 4th grade on the word "olive." I spelled it o-l-v-i-e. This is one of my mom's favorite stories to recount. Obviously I don't make the same mistake today because I drink lots of martinis. 2. My favorite game show is Jeopardy! Note that I wrote Jeopardy! with the exclamation point. Recently, Jeopardy! (is the exclamation point getting annoying yet? It kind of is.) had online tryouts. I would have liked to do it, but in all honesty if I were to be on TV I would like to lose some weight first. Games in general are fun though - some of my faves include Catch Phrase, Mad Gab and Scrabble. 3. Countries I have been to include Spain, France, Italy, Jamaica, Mexico, Canada, Grand Cayman (is that it's own country?), Greece, and Turkey. Countries/continents I would like to visit, in order of preference: Japan, Australia, South America, Switzerland, Germany, England, Ireland Thailand, Russia. Hubs has business trips coming up this year to my top two, so I will be batting my lashes and laying on the sauce as much as possible so I can go with him. 4. I worked at Gramma Sally's Pancake House in high school. I had the ugliest uniform ever -- it consisted of a teal green polo shirt (size XL which was huge on my 5'0" 115lb frame) and a hideous thick teal green cotton skirt that came to about mid-calf. All this paired with nude hose and nude colored shoes. HAWT. Before Gramma Sally's, I worked at IHOP where the uniform consisted of a one-piece dress number with puffy sleeves and an apron. WTF was I thinking? 5. I love love love to sing. It is one of my favorite things ever and it makes me so happy. Probably my most favorite singing moment was when I sang a gospel solo in front of about 4,000 people at Chicagoland Showcase. It was awesome. So, there's 5 semi-interesting (and fit to post) things about yours truly. The beat goes on! I hereby tag: Delectables Eggs Over Medium Kim's Blank Canvas Julie's Foodie And go! "5 Things" Meme Rules: 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. 2. Share 5 facts about yourself 3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them). 4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs.

1 Say It Loud & Proud:

Jen said...

You're lucky I'm a pushover and willing to add 5 more things :)