Sunday, January 6, 2008

Re'solutions'

The holidays were very good to me this year, but unfortunately, party time is over. More or less, I have been off work since the 21st of December, and have been lucky enough to spend my days lounging in pj's, shopping online , munching on cookies, and imbibing with friends. As much as yours truly enjoys said activities, the new year is upon us and tomorrow marks my first official day back at work in 2008. It's time to buckle down, recommit, resolve and restore. On the same note, I think many of us find ourselves committing to healthy eating plans as the new year dawns. I am most definitely one of them. There is no question that I feel better all around when I eat healthy, so there's no reason not to! Below are a few of the recipes I'll be using to keep the good-for-you stuff full of flavor and interest. Liquid Gold Salad Dressing 2 c. fresh lemon juice 3 whole cloves garlic 3 T. minced ginger 3 T. soy sauce 3 heaping T. organic honey Salt & pepper 1.5 c. extra virgin olive oil Place all ingredients except oil in a blender. Begin blending at a normal speed and add the oil gradually until it's completely blended. Add herbs as you wish. Makes 4 cups. Avocado Veggie Sandwich 1/2 avocado sliced 3 slices tomato or 2 slices roasted red pepper handful of sprouts or a few leaves of lettuce 2 slices sprouted grain bread, toasted splash of salad dressing or mustard Assemble sandwich, cut in half and enjoy! What are some of the tips, tricks and/or recipes that you'll be using to keep yourself healthy this year?

0 Say It Loud & Proud: