Monday, October 29, 2007

Mom's Chili

There's no denyin' it's chili weather. To honor the occasion, I'm whippin' up a batch of my mom's chili this afternoon. I love chili for the fact that it is such an American dish... the variations are endless and everyone thinks theirs reigns supreme. This happens to be the version I grew up with and still love today. The best part is serving it up with sour cream, shredded cheese, and fritos. Mom's Chili 2 pounds ground chuck 2 diced onions 1 green pepper diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 can tomato paste 1 tomato paste can of water 1 can Rotel 1 packet of chili seasoning salt, pepper and cayenne to taste Brown first 4 ingredients together. Add tomoates, water, Rotel and seasoning. Simmer on medium-low for at least one hour. You can also do this in the crockpot -- cook on low 7-8 hours. Serve on top of fritos with a tasty dollop of sour cream and cheese.

3 Say It Loud & Proud:

Mrs. Fabulous said...

This looks AMAZING! I am definitely making this soon. I think I'll try it in the crock pot. I already printed it out and renamed it "Mrs. Cimino's Chili". THANKS for sharing! :)
-H

Sarah said...

I'm making some chili tonight. My recipe is pretty similar to yours--nothing like a good pot of comfort food for those cool fall nights!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

It's definitely chili weather! I had some last night (turkey) and yum, did it hit the spot! :)

Thanks for sharing your recipe!