Sunday, September 16, 2007

25 Skills Every Man Should Know

On my way into work the other day, I was intrigued when I heard about a new article in Popular Mechanics proclaiming the "25 Skills Every Man Should Know." Now, I am proud to say that mah man makes for an awesome husband when it comes to the honey-dos. As I write this, he is hanging picture frames on our wall. "Eh, no big deal," you might say, but I have to tell you that before we began the hanging itself, Mr. Soup spent a few hours designing a to-scale schematic of our wall and the pictures to be hung. It is accurate to the 1/8" inch. It includes light switches, smoke alarms, and outlets. The colors of the frames are even indicated on the diagram. Yes ladies... I know you're jealous.


So back to Popular Mechanics. I had to review the list with mah man because I was pretty sure he could perform all of the tasks, but I had to be positive. He did not disappoint. Here they are, in all their glory:

The List: How to...

1. Patch a radiator hose
2. Protect your computer
3. Rescue a boater who has capsized
4. Frame a wall
5. Retouch digital photos
6. Back up a trailer
7. Build a campfire
8. Fix a dead outlet
9. Navigate with a map and compass
10. Use a torque wrench
11. Sharpen a knife
12. Perform CPR
13. Fillet a fish
14. Maneuver a car out of a skid
15. Get a car unstuck
16. Back up data
17. Paint a room
18. Mix concrete
19. Clean a bolt-action rifle
20. Change oil and filter
21. Hook up an HDTV
22. Bleed brakes
23. Paddle a canoe
24. Fix a bike flat
25. Extend your wireless network

I might also add drive a manual transmission, change a tire, and cook a decent meal. As for the tech related stuff, I suppose I lucked out there a bit because the Mister is in IT. However, even I know how to back up data and extend my wireless network... the latter is just a phone call!

So ladies, how does your man stack up?

2 Say It Loud & Proud:

Anonymous said...

Keeping his wifeypoo happy is the only skill he wants to master. That and the accumulation of mad brownie points.

The Prairie Jeweler said...

I'm going to print this one!
Great job! Lovin the blog
~Fellow RB
2ndTime